<VV> Fake '61 Monza Convert

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon May 3 16:47:06 EDT 2010

Borrowing from Corbin's post on concours,

>To put it precisely, the Corvair needs no "improvement" from its factory-issued condition. It is, from the viewpoint of a stock vehicle owner, perfect as is.
>
>I could not just sit by and let some poor soul buy that junk thinking it was
>a real convertible

Ya know, guys, there could certainly be a very valid reason or reasons
for this car -- it "could" be that this is some one's attempt to
"improve" a Corvair -- you must say that he is not hiding the screws on
the VIN tag -- yeah, he blathers on about convertibles in his verbiage,
but what used car salesman doesn't "blather on"?

I, too, wrote the seller and asked for more details, but hey!  He is not
entering it in the stock class at a CORSA concours judged by Mr.
off-the-mark Corbin, he is just trying to sell it, and it sure looks
like it has good floors!

Anybody can pick a car apart, it's pretty easy -- ask Corbin -- but
let's try to find some good in this world (or at least the facts) before
all the sour grapes turn into bad wine and there's nothing left to
drink, referring to CORSA's future.

I'd look at this ad an see a potential CORSA member that got away ...

Godspeed!

Bill Strickland