<VV> Hands Wheels::::::::::::::

Danforth West bonanz01 at myfairpoint.net
Tue May 4 10:39:20 EDT 2010

All:

I have recently purchased a 66 Turbo Coupe in
Oregon. Very soon I will be flying out there and
driving it home to Maine, 3,400 miles of bliss, it
is hoped.......

My question for all of you is this:

My car has what I believe to be some very unique
wheels. They are Hands 14X7 inchers, something
I know I have never seen before on any Corvair.
There seems to be little or nothing on the web
concerning the Hands Wheel Company, and I'd be
really grateful for any information I could get about
their history, etc., and anything about these 14X7s.

I have seen MANY Hands wheels on Corvairs going
all the way back to Car and Driver on the Fitch
Sprints, but I have never, ever seen anything like these
before. I can only guess they stopped making them
when Corvair sales started to drop in 1966.......

Thanks in advance for your input:

Dan West

'66 Turbo Coupe