<VV> Vair Fair

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue May 4 12:31:23 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

Well, it was quite a good Virginia Vair Fair if you missed it.  We had a nice turnout of cars and filled up the side lot we were using with a little overflow.  The lot is easily visible from Route 7 (major east - west artery) so quite a number of people got at least a passing glance, some stopped by and wandered through, including a few spectators in their own interesting rides.

Ellie (my long time navigator) laid out a nice route through the local roads and used a q&a format for the competition, it came down to just a couple of answers to separate the crews.  Best of all, nobody got lost :-)

Vending was good, I picked up a few bits for our projects including an NOS harmonic balancer (GB), some front end parts (Wagon), and axle seals ('66 Corsa).

Our plan of just having cake and awards after dinner Saturday worked out pretty well, we got just about everyone in the room for the awards and sang Happy Birthday.  The surprise award winner was Tony Underwood, but I'll let him post his own story.  Suffice it to say no one expected it, least of all him (no, he didn't win the Beater category).

Hope everyone is looking forward to the Vair Fair next year!

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
 Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa