<VV> Concours-

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Tue May 4 19:34:38 EDT 2010

A listmember wrote:

> The glassy-eyed pure stockers are the ones being suppressed.  CORSA has always favored other applications of the car over promoting or preserving Stock, and I never had a big problem with that until they decided to start promoting everything else at the EXPENSE of stock, which is implied by claiming that all car which are not stock are "improved".
>
> Everybody want to improve themselves, right?  So how's it gonna feel when you show up at the Concours and they tell you your car is "improved" by getting rid of those stock parts in favor of those aftermarket ones?
>
> Wave goodbye to the last of the Stock Corvairs as their owners either "improve" them or wise up and go to some other organization that appreciates them.

Now, I happen to think that encouraging the preservation of stock
Corvairs is a great idea, and that we as an organization could do more
to facilitate this.  But the statement above is the biggest piece of
hooey I have ever read on VV.  It is mind-bogglingly "out there."

The crux of the argument is that the use of the word "improved" will
somehow sap the spirit of those with enthusiasm for cars in stock
configuration, AND that the use of the word "improved" is evidence of a
far-reaching plan to squash enthusiasm for cars in stock configuration.
Wow.

--Bob Marlow