<VV> A few things

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Tue May 4 20:55:27 EDT 2010

Today a lot of posts got held for the admins to approve today.  Most of
these messages had a few reoccurring themes.

One was to many recipients.  I think you can have three recipients other
than the VVs.  More will get held for an administrator.  We don't see this
on a lot, but did quite a few times today.

Another is replying to a reply that didn't come through the CORSA server
that was loaded up with HTML.  Hopefully I can explain this.   If Bryan
posts something to the list and I hit "reply all" to give him a piece of my
mind, the "To" line is Virtualvairs at corvair.org & bryan at Skiblack.com ,
because of the no duplicates filtering Bryan gets my message to
bryan at Skiblack.com and not the one to the VVs which had the HTML stripped.
Now Bryan writes a couple of sentences in plain text to tell me I'm full of
crap and the message that goes out is Bryans two sentences above the my HTML
loaded up reply puts it over the 8K limit and it gets held for the admins.

The simple way around this is to always when replying to a VV post, select"
virtualvairs at corvair.org.  The person you are replying to almost has to be
on the VVs and the only copy they will get is the plain text which went
through the CORSA server and had the HTML stripped and then they can reply
and they won't go over the limit.  8KB is about one page of plain text and
can be a little as two or three sentences of HTML.  We also saw a lot of
messages today with three and four footers.  All these footers count against
the 8K limit.

The Chapters list is fully moderated.  Every post need to be approved or
rejected by a moderator.  I'm not the list owner, the BoD is.  Nothing sent
to that list should have an expectation of it being posted instantaneously.
I don't even know who the other moderators are or how many there are, but I
know whenever I get an email  that a post needs to be dispositioned, I do it
immediately.  I like to think I have a life and am not in front of my
computer all the time and hope the other admins are not tied to their
computers.

The good news is I approved every post on both the VVs and the Chapters
list, except for the Nigerian banking posts.

dp

Please visit my Photo-Blog; http://viewsofyolocounty.blogspot.com/