<VV> Concours-

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 11:25:46 EDT 2010

                                             B"H

Rumor hath it that the original Corvair designers wanted to use 12" wheels, but Ed Cole but a stop to that when he found out.  Seems even back in the late '50s, 12 inch tires were a rarity.

Speaking of 12 inch tires, my '87 "Chevy" Sprint had 12" wheels.  Tires from Sears were as cheap as dirt, and they were pretty good quality, too.  Apparently they used the 12" price as an attention-grabber, knowing that NO ONE would buy then.  Imagine the shock when I walked into the Sears tire store and told them I wanted a set!

That car got better mileage than my Prius did...with a 3-banger and 5-speed.

They usually had 4 or 6 on hand in the correct size.

Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Coupe 110 PG