<VV> HPT

Geoffrey Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Wed May 5 22:14:26 EDT 2010

I usually sit back and laugh when people start complaining about this...
On my '65 sedan I decided to replace the original one that was OK while I
was replacing other things in the engine compartment when I built its
engine.  Since I built everything from scratch since I started with no
powertrain, I figured why not.   So working in the engine compartment
tonight.... BZZZZZZZ...  The damned thing started shorting.   I ripped the
cable off the battery.  The tabs on the several week old HPT that hold it
to the rail broke and the screw started shorting.  The plastic is so
brittle on the replacements that the tabs can easily be broken off by a
finger.    Time to replace it with an S-10 junction block.

-Geoff Johnson
'65 Monza Sedan