<VV> not starting

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Fri May 7 17:41:51 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----

In a message dated 5/7/2010 7:56:28 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
HallGrenn at aol.com writes:

I hadn't started my Greenbrier for some time (it wouldn't start) and I was

about convinced I had bad gas, dirty carbs or some other fuel related
problem--the ignition is good with fresh wires, plugs, points and
condenser and
a good coil and distributer.

Hi Bob,

First I'd test for a fat blue spark while cranking with a grounded WIDE gapped test plug. First in the coil wire unplugged from the dist cap, then at a plug wire or 2.
No spark, or poor spark, and used or fresh ignition parts are not be fresh enough, or just need adjustment.

If the spark is good, a teaspoon of gas down a carb throat should get a few seconds of second some response.

Unless the plugs are Soaking wet (flooded), which will let a good spark sneak to ground without igniting anything.