<VV> 500's

bub049 at comcast.net bub049 at comcast.net
Sat May 8 10:50:41 EDT 2010

"Message: 1
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 17:34:37 EDT
From: MarPack57 at aol.com
Subject: <VV> 500,s
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org

Oh sure just as I'm about to latch on to a 60 "500" they are out of
popularity, but wait some of you may know this car, it won the Cole award at the 91
convention and is  Canadian built, body #236. Still mostly original. Not in
my possession yet but soon, and yes it is a "stripper", and I love it for
that. Ed in Fla"

Ed,

If any "500" is in your hands, it will be or become a beauty! I've seen your cars!

As long as you are "coming out of the closet", I will also admit to having a 500. Mine is a "Little Old Lady" '63 coupe with 1 option: Powerglide. I bought it from her estate with 43,000 on the clock. Unfortunately, she didn't take very good care of it, hence it lurks in my pole barn until I get time to make her shine.

I didn't mention my 500 before, because, like my loaded 62 Monza Sedan, I feel bad when I hear that 500's are worthless or make good parts cars just like early sedans are lesser than late sedans. You know what I mean. Anyhow, I congratulate your purchase of this '60 and can't wait to see pictures of it! You have great taste and supurb talent with making cars look awesome!

Too old for a flame suit.

Bob Johnston

Frostbite Falls, MN

CORSA since '72