<VV> Terminology thoughts (little Corvair)

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sun May 9 11:47:21 EDT 2010

And here I thought I was the one that started all the trouble.

FWIW-- the official terminology is (depending on your view)
what GM called the car is what they called it. Which makes that term defacto
correct.

In the 50's Buick called their hardtops "Riviera"  Olds called them
"Holiday".

Pontiac had this habit of putting "Silver Streak" all over the vehicle, but
only had Chieftain and SuperChief models in some years.  But the customers
still call and say they have a "Silver Streak"---Body style code number from
the Fisher body plate will give you the correct GM name for the model.

Gotta accept people and things for what they are.   Mark will argue with a
dead man.  Whatchagonnado?

Hank