<VV> Terms (and NW Econo-Run info)

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun May 9 23:22:28 EDT 2010

  That looks like it was weird, and certainly not quite what I was trying
to post, so I'll try again -- hope that's OK :

> Is there a tape loop playing in your head , Mark? I've seen this same
> post  about 15 times from you since I joined VV. What brought it on
> this time? This is "trolling". Add that term to your dictionary.

Actually, I think it is Mark's *attempt* at intellectual bullying --
directed at anyone who disagrees with his point of view -- the problem
being that you only "get it" if you happen to be Mark, as he is perhaps
the only one who meets his criteria for posting in an "intelligent and
educated manner".

So, I offer my apologies to the list for when I choose not to meet
Mark's criteria, thusly doing my part to send him off on another rant
about sedans and thingys, and appearing myself to be stupid from Mark's
pov, but I know not to fall off the turnip truck when it is moving
(55mph), (although I have been knocked off the hay wagon once or twice
while stacking it (1-2 mph), but there isn't much Corvairish about those
stories) -- much simpler to wait for it to stop and just get off --
also, makes me wonder how them boys that are so stupid that they do fall
off the truck ever get onto the truck in the first place -- never heard
any tales about folks falling onto the turnip truck, heck! they're near
fifteen feet off the ground ...

Speaking of produce, Corsa Oregon went off on a Wine Country Tour
yesterday, and afaik, all returned safely to the fold, earlies, lates, &
the FC thingy -- none of us were refused at the tasting rooms because
someone was worried about whether my early four door or the late 4 door
was a sedan or not -- that poor guy with the beautifully restored
Greenbrier was the one who had trouble being recognized as a Corvair
owner (maybe because it had a couple extra doors?) -- and no one melted
an HRPT, either.

Sort of a warm up for some of us for our club mileage event before the
North West Econo-Run, June 11th - 13th in Portland. Speaking of which,.
the club is having trouble with getting something to show besides the
html code on our CORSA webpages, so Lon is trying to get some info up on
his www.corvairunderground.com site, but so far, that is not up either,
or links to the dysfunctional CORSA site (not blaming CORSA here, okay
-- the club is having trouble with it's html editor). Anyway, if anyone
wants a emailing of the NW Econo-Run info in pdf, I can forward it to
you privately.

Bill Strickland