<VV> 500s

Crawford Rose crawfordrose at msn.com
Mon May 10 11:56:58 EDT 2010

I think that some 500 parts are hard to find. I have a 500 coupe and the parts are scarce because they only made about 13,000 base 500 coupes in 1960.  I have looked for a replacement 500 seat back cardboard because mine has a few cosmetic flaws and I haven't had that much luck finding another used or repro. Its not that easy to find used grey printed pattern interior cardboard for the 60 coupes as it is for the 60 four doors. Probably it will not be reproduced.  Door panels are another. I inquired of Cal at Detroit if he would make the silver 60 door panels and he said there is no demand.  Conversely, they only made about 12,000 monza coupes in 1960 but those parts are reproduced.  Cal was able to make a custom green vinyl interior for my monza coupe which was quite good.  I imagine that most of the 500s that continue to be restored will likely be fitted with 700 and monza "luxury" interiors.

Crawford Rose