<VV> TEMP/PRESS Light

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 22:30:11 EDT 2010

                                            B"H

Since we recently had some posts on gauges and idiot lights, I'd like to ask the group a question on the TEMP/PRESS light:

My light doesn't work.  I know that it's probably the sender, becuase when I connect the oil pressure sender wire to a ground in the engine compartment, the light glows when the igition is ON.

However, I have two questions:

1.  Isn't the temp sender in a different location than the pressure sender?  If so, does anyone know where the temp sensor would be on a 1969 110 motor?

2.  Does this mean that the temp sensor is also bad?  If one sender is good and the other is bad, would that cause the light to never work?

Also, Clarks' catalog says that their sender..."TOP CRACKS AND LEAKS" and "THIS IS NOT TEMP!!!'  Does that mean that the part is defective when it arrives in its packaging?  Also, does the "TEMP comment mean that this sender is not a temperature sender, or that it's not a "temporary solution?"  That fills me with a lot of confidence.

Thanks everyone...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Coupe 110 PG

Thanks guys..