<VV> Was Neutral Safety switch - now depressing the clutch pedal

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 14 02:19:41 EDT 2010

Hi Mark,

We all have our own ways.  So long as I'm not on a serious grade, I don't
bother with the hand brake and leave the car in the gear which I intend to
use next (1 or R).  If it IS a serious grade, I still do that and use the
hand brake as well.  So, I ALWAYS depress the clutch before turning the key,
giving the starter less work to do.

Oh, with the car in gear - it becomes - depress the clutch, turn the key,
go.  With the car not in gear - it becomes - turn the key, release the
brake, depress the clutch, select a gear, finally - go.  Either way, the
clutch gets depressed.  I think that my way is faster.

Later, JR