<VV> Idiots on the road - no Corvair

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Fri May 14 16:50:40 EDT 2010

Last week my son Paul called to tell me that our Chevy
Venture van had been involved in a traffic accident. Paul
is borrowing the Venture as he is working himself through
one of life's rough spots. He stopped for the guy in front
of him who was making a legal left hand turn. The box
truck coming up fast in his rear view mirror somehow
didn't see Paul in the lane. Of course not, he was too
busy texting. Or something other than paying attention to
his driving. As James would say, an Idiot!

Michigan's No Fault Insurance laws were enacted to help
curb the high cost of car insurance. Maybe. The result of
this idiot's non-action is that my Venture van is junk,
Paul has a sore shoulder (my insurance is paying for his
medical needs at least!) and Mr. Airhead with the
hand-held device is off free and clear. Oh yes, his
insurance has to pay a maximum of $500 for the loss of my
van. My company raised my rates (I thought you said No
Fault?) and I just found out that they put a non-renewal
flag on my policy until I got rid of the damaged Venture.

Nobody every told me life was fair, but all of this seems
like a really unfair situation. I don't like Idiots,
especially when are pretending to be drivers of motor
vehicles. - Caveman Pete