<VV> Smoking engine

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Sun May 16 10:42:38 EDT 2010

Jim-It sounds to me like your turbo has a problem. To verify this, start the car, run it

long enough to get it to smoke, then shut it off, and take the intake cross over tube

off. Look in the manifold, if theres a problem, there will be a small amount of oil in the

cross over tube, and in the head manifold. You will also be able to see some oil at the

exit of the turbo itself. It does not take a bad leak for the turbo to do this, as most

of the oil actually tries to collect in the bottom of the compressor housing, then when

enough gas mixes with it, or the compressor spools up fast enough, the oil gets cleared

from the housing, gravity feeding oil down into the right side (1,3,5) head.

Kevin Nash

1963 Spyder, daily driver