<VV> Filter Oil Leaks

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sun May 16 21:22:42 EDT 2010

So far I haven't had any such filter problems. You might want to double
check to see if it's actually leaking around the paper seal to the main
adapter housing. If you don't change those seals with every oil change,
they've been known to start leaking, and refuse to seal even when cranked
down as hard as possible. Been there, done that.

Also, you might want to run a mill file over the machined bolt gasket
surface. You'd be amazed at how uneven it really is. Given that fact, I'm
surprised that anything seals up to the adapters. The factory machining was
atrocious.

-Mark