<VV> Canadian Winter Rally story

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Mon May 17 10:29:29 EDT 2010

Group, The CPF just received a booklet of info from Terry
Benson all about the Canadian Winter Rally that he ran
back in 1965 with a then-new Corvair Corsa. It is
interesting to note that the 1963 and 1964 versions of
this event were won outright by Corvairs. The 1965 edition
had 140 entrants and only 23 finished! There were 18
Corvairs entered and only one of them finished - in 5th
place. Some of the other entries I find amusing and
hopefully you will enjoy reading about them in an upcoming
article in the CORSA Communique.

I think CORSA member Rich Carrol from the Chicagoland area
participating in at least one of the Canadian Winter Rally
events. There was an article in the January 2003 issue of
the Communique about it. Does anyone have that issue
handy? All of my CC's are packed up at the other house in
Michigan. Thanks! - Caveman Pete in PA