<VV> Restoring a car, was: Part Aquired

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Mon May 17 11:56:02 EDT 2010

That's a good analogy. Problem is you have to drown it in money by
shoveling it in faster than the fire can burn it off. Talk about burning
thru the money! LOL

My favorite cartoon from the Old Cars Weekly strip "Otto, the mechanic"
shows his buddy telling of how he kept meticulous records on his
restoration of a '50 Studebaker, including the hours he spent working on
it. Then in the last frame, after factoring in the car's worth, he says "So
I worked for ....... 50 CENTS AN HOUR!"

Isn't the old car hobby a wonderful money pit? I'm currently working on a
project car myself, a late model 4door hardtop wagon. Talk about a money
pit!! I'd laugh, but it hurts too much....

-Mark