<VV> Shiiping west scrap cars east- a fine idea

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon May 17 14:00:55 EDT 2010

The logistics are the problem. If I buy a running west coast car, I can
call a shipper (like Peg's Trucking) with a car carrier to haul it eaast
for a good price. If I buy a non-running car, this is more troublesome. In
fact, I have not found an answer of how to do it, without me driving 5000
miles round trip with truck and trailer.

I hear of great non-running, barn fresh western cars all the time, but am
forced to repair what I find here due to shipping.

Parts of cars are easier. I have bought 1/2 of a BMW 3.0CS from CA and
shipped it by truck. Several peole required to unload, as I had no
forklift, but it was doable in a shop environment.

Frank DuVal
Wanting a method to move non-running cars 2600 miles. Suggestions?
I know the EUM was sort of like the Christmas Corvair, except I drove that!