<VV> Secret VIN again

Mike Clark mclark67 at charter.net
Tue May 18 18:10:59 EDT 2010

Hi everyone, time to beat another dead horse.

I'm trying to find the secret VIN on my Michigan-built 65 convertible.  I know it is in the right front wheel well.  I thought it was on the "frame" section behind the axle, facing out.  It doesn't seem to be.

What exactly am I looking for, the entire VIN or just the last six?  How big are the stampings?  And can it be seen through the paint, or does it have to be bare metal?  And most importantly, where exactly should I be looking?  Is it the same on every car?

I thought I knew the answers to these questions, and I seem to remember seeing a secret VIN without taking the front axle off, but looking for it today I come up empty.

Thanks much.

Mike Clark
65 Corsa convertible
Stockbridge, Georgia