<VV> Possible Special Guest at the Corvair Ranch 5/23

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Tue May 18 21:29:32 EDT 2010

Okay, if you are four hours or less away from the Corvair
Ranch you may want to consider coming to Jeff's Open House
event this Sunday, May 23rd in Gettysburg. We may have a
very special guest attending: Terry Lynn Benson of 1965
Canadian Winter Rally fame. Well, fame might not be an
accurate term since he did not finish the Rally. But he
did try! Of the 132 cars that started only 23 finished
that year. That must have been one tough Rally course!

Terry and his co-driver entered Terry's then-brand new
1965 Turbo Corsa. When they limped back to Morgantown, WV
they had one of the most severely french-fried clutch
discs in motoring history! But their Corvair got them back
home. As Terry told me; even Austin Healy's bounce off
Corvair quarter panels!

Plan to come to the Open House and listen to the stories
Terry can tell. I will have background information as well
as some very rare artifacts from that event as part of the
traveling CPF display. It should be a fun day with a very
rare opportunity to meet and greet a fellow Corvair
enthusiast who didn't just talk about Corvairs - he drove
them! See ya on Sunday? - Caveman Pete