<VV> lifter removal

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 19 01:20:34 EDT 2010

I'd say you should try a re-adjust of the rockers first.  Before that, check
to be sure the push rods are in correctly - with oil squirt hole correctly
oriented and push rod correctly centered in the lifters.  It's often the
dumb stuff that bites you.

Second, what did the "rebuild" include?  If the lifters (and cam?) are
fresh, there should be no problem with removal.  A better description of the
word REBUILT would be helpful in diagnosis.

Later, JR