<VV> Secret VIN again

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed May 19 09:44:01 EDT 2010

I'm fairly certain the "hidden VIN" doesn't have anything to do with fraud or theft.  It's there for the assembly line guys so they know which car they were working on.  Don't forget, Fisher body had an entire process before the cars went to the Chevy side of the house, and the Chevy guys needed to know what car they were getting.  They put it in a place convenient for the line workers to see, so it's near the front on the bottom of the car.

--Bryan