<VV> Secret Vin

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Wed May 19 11:10:41 EDT 2010

Smitty Says;  My Uncle ran a towing service for years with an impound lot next door.  The cars would sit in the lot till the insurance companys got around to closing out their account on "totals".  He would make a bid on the cars and immediately check out hidden VINs to make sure the titles were clear.  If this meant dropping the axle to see it then "so be it".  Because of restorations I have seen the VINS on all the Corvairs I have owned.  In one case the title and VIN did not match resulting in no end of grief for me.