<VV> Fuel pump rebuild kit

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat May 22 08:56:44 EDT 2010

At 12:35 PM 5/20/2010, Michael Kovacs wrote:
>I don't think any body make a rebuild kit. I've disassembled many
>and the kit would not be simple. Best to buy another.
>  MIKE KOVACS

Now:

For sake of mention, I *have* rebuilt fuel pumps from scratch by
dismantling the internals and replacing diaphragms.   I have some
more of the "good" material I got from John Moody a while back when
he quit doing pump stuff.

Not so easy to replace check valves though, so if one of them is bad
it's easier to replace the entire valve block if you can find one...
depending on the pump vintage and manufacturer, the valves sometimes
are pressed/knurled in place and are almost impossible to get back
out without ruining the block.  Then again, some will press out
easily... depending on who made the block.

The real trick is getting around that staked washer securing the top
gasket/diaphragm to the shaft... ;)

tony..