<VV> Mecum auction

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sun May 23 06:33:19 EDT 2010

Don't know about the car at the Mecum auction.
But I just watched a 68 Corvair 500 go for auction for $1700, in my area.
Car had a re-paint, and a crease down the driver's side front to rear. Radio
delete, dry rotted bias tires, complete A.I.R. system, and supposedly 49,000
miles. Body was sculpted out of bond though from what I could tell, and saw
evidence of bondo in the drivers side door hinge support.
Personally I thought that one went for 3 times what it was worth.
The car at Mecum may have been of similar condition.
You never know...........

Gary Swiatowy

From: "J R Read_HML" <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: <VV> Mecum Auction Indianapolis

I'm watching live on the computer at the moment.  Some of you know Frank
Regal - actually he is now a CORSA board member.

He has a GTO #F306 going up for bid soon.  Interestingly, the view I have
shows a Corvair Coupe on the side (Lot F1) - saying High Bid $1,700.  It
looks good in pictures.  What's THAT all about?

Later, JR