<VV> Brake Fluid Tech tip

Scott Trunkhill strunkhill1 at comcast.net
Mon May 24 17:23:13 EDT 2010

Here is the link to the entire post.

http://workshop.search-autoparts.com/_Tech-Tip-Testing-Brake-Fluid-With-Your-DMM/blog/209152/31710.html

Note the text from the end.

I played with the DMM method I described, and noticed that voltage readings were not affected by whether or not the engine was running, and what electrical accessories were on.  It was almost as if the fluid and contaminants in it were acting as a voltaic cell, creating voltage potential of it's own.  I won't state that as fact... merely conjecture.   But could this be a measure of copper/iron in the fluid?  Could this chemical catalytic process result in such a reading?

I'll leave that up to the scientists and engineers to figure out...

scott at trunkhill.com