<VV> Lifters

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed May 26 18:38:12 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/26/2010 3:18:53 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
rbeth at comcast.net writes:

I just  spent $5700.00 on a motor overhaul and some other work on my 63
Corvair Conv.  When the car sits overnight and I start it the next day for a
couple of  seconds it sounds like a couple of lifters lost all of the oil.
After a couple  of seconds they quite down and the engine sounds good. Will
this condition  hurt the motor
would appreacate any advice on this  problem

Won't hurt the engine at all. Raise the oil level in the pan by a half a qt
 to fix the problem.
Regards,
Bob Helt