<VV> ALARMING OBSERVATION:?

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu May 27 07:48:00 EDT 2010

yesterday i went and looked at another large collection of corvair parts. i
 bought a couple of items at a price that will help me a lot.
what came to me as i drove the @95 miles back home , is the fact that most
of us are getting older , and feel the need (do to health or other heavy
issues  ) to dispose of these collections of parts representing years of hard
work, and  slow down. i get calls , as do many others , saying i have to get
rid of my  corvair parts , i will sell them cheap , or they have to go to
the scrap  processors. there are not enough "newbies" interested enough , or
capable of  keeping the corvair ball rolling? whats  the answer ?
i saw nice 60 motor sheet metal , motors and such stacked up , boxes of
hard to find (in the east anyways) shifters , linkages , heater boxes (cars
and  FC's ) axles , steering stuff , you know the drill.
what is the future for corvairs? this is one of many such collections i
know of nearby.
i plan on (in my spare? time) putting together a pdf file like a small
newsletter , of pictures i took of his stuff , along with info on how to reach
him , soon.
i will do the same for another person close by in the same situation. this
takes time , but i feel it is a small thing i can do to help keep corvairs
going.
i hope a vendor or 2 or a shop , could get a truck and a helper , and cut
these guys a deal that would help each other out.
its a heartbreaker if you really have corvairs in your blood to watch this,
 and i am fighting hard here to keep my stuff under control after having to
move  4 years ago.
hope more people are thinking of answers to this situation , along with
keeping the clubs going.
there are similar issues in other fine hobbies..so support and pay
attention to museums of all kinds.
regards, tim colson
  _www.cnycorvair.com_ (http://www.cnycorvair.com)