<VV> ALARMING OBSERVATION:?

John Dozsa yanche at verizon.net
Thu May 27 15:25:12 EDT 2010

Well, I'm one of those CORSA of Baltimore guys with a couple of garages
full of saved used but good parts.  Engines, transaxles, NOS and special
built Corvair only tools, etc.  Over the past decade it's become clear
I'll never use most of it and my daughter will be left with the burden
on having it hauled away.  I've long ago re-cooped my investment in the
cars I've parted out.  In the early 80's I had 52 Corvairs.  All now
parted out except three FC's used as storage sheds.  Decades ago when
CORSA of Baltimore had many more members, many club members helped part
vehicles out in exchange for what they wanted.  The rest are now sitting
rusting away at the Corvair Ranch.  Today CORSA of Baltimore is at best
a shell of it's former self.  As we all aged Corvair events are just
memories and the saved project cars will one day also be junked.  Sad
but true.

The only reasonable approach to having the parts find a good home would
be an on-line inventory system.  That way buyers could be matched with
sellers.  Sure Ebay can be used but the horror stories about how Ebay
has treated sellers scares me away.  I've got the skills to created web
pages, even ones with linked inventory databases.  But, I've got very
little motivation to do so.  It's just too much work, to then sell a few
select parts to another cheap Corvair guy.  The lesser effort is to just
load it up and sell it for scrap.  Again sad but true.