<VV> Transformers Movie - Some Chevy (itty, bitty Corvair)

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu May 27 21:09:49 EDT 2010

No - No Corvair in the Transformers movie! But In my reading of the
newspaper a few days ago, I noticed that Chevrolet had "parted ways" with
Campbell-Ewald Advertising. That company had been the Chevy Ad  agency since the
1930 or 40s. That is a long time - eons in the ad biz.  Dave Newell gave me a
tape of a Campbell-Ewald promotional movie made for Chevy  in the
mid-1990's. It had excerpts from Chevy Commercials from the 30's through  the current
ones. Dinah Shore sang! I likes the Corvair snippets -  Including the
Bonanza Chevy intro from 65. And I really like the Jimi Hendrix  soundtracked 93
Camaro intro. Back to the movie  - Chevy had a big presence  in the
Transformer movie, at some points it looked like an ad for GM. Actually,  the TV
presentation was sponsored totally by Chevrolet! But I need to  comment that the
target market that Chevy sought by sponsoring this movie  was probably
correct, and certainly reached, (and probably touched by Megan Fox)  the only
problem is the biggest fans won't be old enough for a drivers license  for 8
to 10 years!

Have a great weekend - Mine starts now!

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette