<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, ALARMING OBSERVATION:? another idea?

Ian Harding harding.ian at gmail.com
Fri May 28 00:43:06 EDT 2010

Good ideas.

Copyright?  I assume GM has bigger fish to fry right now.  Also, if
Google can do what they're doing, I think I'm pretty safe.  Their
position is that the entire book is the copyrighted "work" and that
they don't present the entire work, but allow you to search it and see
small portions of it which is protected as "Fair use."  I don't have
any limits on someone trying to download the entire "work" one page at
a time but I think they would go insane before they finished.  The
"facts" within the book are not and cannot be copyrighted.  Anyway, if
their lawyers call the site will be gone the next day.

If I started getting rich letting people look at their part books, I
think it would be a really good sign to GM that they should reprint
them!