<VV> Stolen Corvair

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Fri May 28 12:41:14 EDT 2010

Dave, I am very sorry to hear of you being victimized. But I am not very surprised. The location of LS Corvair shop left much to be desired. The 1 time I was there I saw people in very close proximity using drugs on the sidewalk. I saw what appeared to be "working girls" walking the street. I saw abandoned cars and dilapidated buildings nearby. I asked Larry about all that and he stated what a great deal he got. I certainly hope you get the car back in 1 piece and soon. And I hope you have some very good insurance to cover your loss. Hagerty insures my classic Corvairs (not as daily drivers) for $20K each for $150 each per year. I also have a "kill" swith for my electric fuel pump though I don't always engage it. I suppose it is time to start. I suspect you will get your car back as it was probably more of a crime of opportunity than 1 of profit. I wish you the best of luck.
Timothy Shortle in (small town)Durango Colorado
I left Los Angeles for many reasons