<VV> My Comments -- No Real Corvair

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Fri May 28 15:20:02 EDT 2010

Group:

I forwarded a comment to Tim Shortle which were intended to be private
and were intended to show some support.  I did not intend for them to be
shared with the entire VV group as I certainly don't want to fan the
flames any further.

The only public comment I would like to make is that whoever suggested
that everyone needs an iced tea right about now had it right.

One of the nice things about VV is that everyone -- for the most part --
seems to wish each other well.  On the occasions where I have posted
something that inadvertently caused some minor rhubarb (most recently
when I posted Laura Bush's comments on the Corvair), I have always been
surprised by how many thoughtful comments I've received in the
background encouraging me to keep my chin up.  This really is a good
group that way, and unique among the hobby-oriented groups to which I
belong.

Tim S., I'm sure you're upset by what has happened, but please be a bit
more thoughtful yourself before forwarding private correspondence to the
public gropu.  Larry S., as long as this can of worms has been opened,
you might want to count to 10 before making any more posts in which you
engage in unfounded name-calling.  If Tim saw someone taking drugs
openly in your store's neighborhood, his comments weren't out of line,
they were journalism.

And, mostly, Dave T., I am glad that the location of your Corvair is
known.  I hope that just knowing where it is is a relief to you.
Needless to say, I also hope that it is returned to you, fully intact,
as soon as possible.

Steven "I'm glad I didn't say anything worse in my *offline* emails"
Serenska