<VV> Car Theft WAS Corvair Theft:::::::::::::::

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Fri May 28 19:57:46 EDT 2010

There is little one can do to stop a thief.  I have had 2 very fine older Suburbans taken from my home driveway.  The second one was equipped with an anti theft steering bar.  It was taken between 5:25 am  and 6:45 on a Saturday morning in a January blizzard.  The means was a 'sneaky Pete' wrecker.  Tracks in the snow showed they backed in with a dual tire vehicle, picked up my Suburban by the back tires and drove away.  They did not even get out of their truck!  Time require? Less than three minutes.

My neighborhood has NEVER had another car stolen and only 1 b & e in the 30 years I lived there.  That fact and the timing involved tells met the thief knew me and knew my cars.

Ken P

"Danforth West" <bonanz01 at myfairpoint.net> wrote:

[in part]

My first line of defense will be to simply
remove the rotor from the distributor right
before going to bed. This, of course, doesn't
protect you from the renegade thief with a
tilt-body car carrier.

That would have to be one determined thief,
however.......