<VV> Stolen Corvair

mike hicks mhicks130 at cox.net
Sat May 29 00:38:15 EDT 2010

>> my old shop in Gardena had bad news people.

I used to live in Gardena and though it has some rough areas, it also
has some nice areas.  Our neighborhood was build just after WW2 and was
a nice mix of generations and races.  We had no problems there.  Larry's
shop was on a main drag road so not so neighborly.  Gardena was one of
the few areas in LA in which the residents defended merchants from
looters/rioters during the Rodney King riots.

The whole LA area is like that though.  Pockets of nice areas surrounded
by pockets of bad areas.  It's a very crowded place.

My anti-theft plan at conventions and shows is to make sure I park my
old faithful daily driver next the prettiest Corvairs in the lot.  No
self respecting thief is going to choose my car over all those beauties.