<VV> Oil pressure

PETER INMAN monza1965 at yahoo.com
Sat May 29 09:11:19 EDT 2010

I took our rebuilt 65 110 Monza out for first real ride sense rebuild, Question is what should the oil press be after it is fully warmed up at idle, say between 600/700 rpm? My electrical guage  reads 0 at idle(about 1/8 inch above lowest reading on guage with engine not running.)  Also have a mechanical guage hooked up in engine compartment and it reads about 5/10. The oil press light in dash does not come on at idle. The oil pressure when cold checks around 30 at idle. Dont have excessive lifter noise. Do I have a problem or do I worry to much? What does the average Corvair have for oil press at idle when warmed up good?
  Welcome any comments, Pete