<VV> [fastvair] Re: Great Fun

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Sun May 30 13:30:20 EDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: levair at aol.com
To: Lanning14 at aol.com; Indyscca at egroups.com; fastvair at Yahoogroups.com;
virtualvairs at corsa.org; KYscca.com at aol.com
Cc: epssax at yahoo.com; oneowner64vair at insightbb.com;
flat6vair at comcast.net; Mlevair at sbcglobal.com
Sent: Sun, May 30, 2010 1:27 pm
Subject: [fastvair] Re: Great Fun

All,

We had a great time, Derby City Corvair Club and KYSCCA were great
hosts..
    Our competition Corvairs (Michael, Tracy, and I) were invited by
John
Lanning to participate in their Autocross and parking lot Corvair show
on the 29th.
    Not only did we have a great show, but there was a motorhome and
food for the ladies and our comfort.
After getting rained out so much this year it was a shock to have the
90+ temps and sun.
   Jim Moore designed a super course with lots of top of 2nd gear
turns/sweepers and slaloms with wide entries. The Papa John's Cardinal
Stadium in Lousiville is a very large grippy lot.
     I was fairlye lame at this time and they allowed me to "scooter"
the
course and even gave me an auditing job without asking.
     This certainly made the  the 3 hour trip and the 4:00 AM get up
time
worth it.
     The site has a 92 DB sound limit. We had to feather it in the
slalom
where the meter was to make the limit. By the sound level I would
suspect our local events have a 102 DB sound level. There were about 85
  cars. We all got 6 runs and I also got a rerun---I was an exhausted
wimp!
    Michael, Tracy and I had the pressure of being the "out of town
gunshooters" . Michael drove his white Corvair in XP and I drove the
red Stinger in CP. Michael  ran a close second to an XP Corvette. Tracy
won her XPL Class and I won the CP class by a couple of seconds.

     We got to meet a lot of our email friends and also made many new
SCCA friends.
    I was too tired to type last night.
  Today is all pleasant memories.

Warren