<VV> GM/Ford/Mopar/ etc

dennis dorogi dfamily at fairpoint.net
Mon May 31 10:07:12 EDT 2010

We were the fortunate (?) owners of a 1980 Chevette.   Our five children drove it through their college years and even after.  It had 205,000 miles on it (original drivetrain) when we parked it in the front yard and in 30 minutes two guys were fighting over buying it.  I live in the snow belt, about 60 miles from Buffalo and we have very severe winters.    The car was beat but had no rust through and the person that bought drove it away.  Chevettes are known as POS but I think any car will survive for along time if it receives proper maintenance.  It never failed to get home under its own power in the fifteen years we owned it.  It truly was a miserable car but it served our family well.

Dennis Dorogi (making progress on the Sagan Spyder)