<VV> EM Loose Turn Signal Switch Cover

jwcorvair at aol.com jwcorvair at aol.com
Mon Nov 1 16:15:59 EDT 2010

Hi, I'm not certain what to call the "cup" that covers the turn signal switch on the steering column of an EM; however, my "cup" is loose. I am not able to tighten the screw that secures the "cup" to the column. It seems to be as tight as it can go.

My question: Does anyone have a technique for tightening the screw so the "cup" will not twist around the column when the turn signals are engaged? I'll pull the steering wheel and take a look at it this coming weekend, but I was wondering if others had encountered this problem and what they did to resolve it.

Thanks,
Joe White (62 four door, 66 Porvair)
CORSA, RMC