<VV> Double Flare

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Wed Nov 3 22:06:39 EDT 2010

> From: Frank Ness <aircoolvair at yahoo.com>
 > Smitty reminded me about a question I had wanted to ask. When is a double
flare
> needed in the fuel line service? You should not see a much pressure.
Frank it isn't the pressure involved .  It is the conformability of a double
flare that allows it to seat and compress at an angle if necessary.  (Tube
not lined up with the cone in the fitting).  They also seat better on a
damaged cone..  There are some who claim that there is less fatigue at the
flare juncture with the tube with a double flare.  May be true.  No argument
from me.  All I want to do is get home, as I have several times with fuel
lines, and once with a brake line.           Smitty