<VV> Breakdowns

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Mon Nov 8 13:55:15 EST 2010

just hope that
> I haven't offended you to the point that if I break down at a Corvair
> Event, you  won't deny me temporary use of your knowledge and parts stash.
> But
> if you  do, I'll just put in on my trailer and slink away back
> home........and hope it  hurts your feelings.
> Joe Dunlap
========================
Smitty Says;   Aww Joe I should have realized you were just funnin me all
along.  No wonder your "well prepared" car can travel without a breakdown.
You drive it on a trailer.
Seriously, if you need help on the road or at a convention I would probably
be first to offer help.  Maybe it's an ego thing.  I raised a family on no
money but still had a toy around someplace.  When I transfered jobs I
usually towed the toy.  When it or the tow car broke I had to fix it because
I knew well that it would be years before I could replace it.  I did so,
many times over and developed a sense of pride that nothing could stop me
from getting there.  That washed over into Corvair ownership and travel.
The one time I gave up was when the crank broke in SD.  The horizon was too
far away to even see it and there was nothing between me and the horizon.  I
stood there looking at it and said,"I don't know what I am going to do".
Helen said,"You'll fix it.  You always do".  Ego back in hyperdrive.