<VV> CORVAIR REPRODUCTION PROTECTOR-PLATE

Arlette Pat arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 9 17:01:51 EST 2010

Hi everyone from sunny Australia,

I am wondered if anyone could help me with the following?

I am presently trying to have a correct and original Protecto-Plate reproduced for our 1965 Monza convertible. The original was not with this car when I purchased it and seller had no knowledge of it. I assume it was lost some years ago.

I have provided the guy who is reproducing this Protecto-Plate for me all the numbers and information I can obtain about our Corvair.

He has responded by asking for further information specifically about our cars transmission and rear-end.  Apparently he needs the “date codes” which according to him should be stamped onto each unit.

Here’s what he is asking
a)    Transmission The transmission date code will start with a letter followed by four numbers: Example: T0323
b)    Rear end The rear-end date code will start with two letters - followed by two to four numbers and then a letter. Example: CB0323G

Here’s what I have found and provided:
a)    Transmission   220910W
b)      Rear end    X84   3855503     GM1   8166 –

MY CONCERN
The numbers I have provided for our cars transmission & rear end don’t seem correct, but I cannot see anything else?
 What’s everyone’s views am I on the right track with these numbers as they don’t appear correct. Am I looking in the right place?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Carl L. Kelsen
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia