<VV> [FC] a few new pictures

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Wed Nov 10 04:59:20 EST 2010

I've always been pretty lucky when pulling the pan on Corvair motors.
I always thought the design did not lend itself too much to sludge.
But then came along two notable exceptions.
One I attributed to most likely a previous owner who may not have used
detergent oil.
Pure sludge.
Then there was one other seized FC motor I had in storage.
I actually pulled the pan off because I had stripped the drain plug on
another car. Inside of this motor it was caked with a lot of lead residue,
like the lead from gas? Grey sludge, it was nasty.

Gary Swiatowy