<VV> Collectible for Sale in FL - no Corvair

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu Nov 11 09:35:45 EST 2010

Tom is on the right track...
About 5 years ago we donated Cheryl's '96 Nissan Quest to the local
community college/technical school. They were soooo happy to get a mini-van,
since no one donates those, yet that's the #1 vehicle the students would likely
be working on (they said). They gave us "KBB value" as a tax write-off to
the  college, since they would not be selling it (the planned on letting the
students  assemble and disassemble until things wore out - the rules changed
with the  non-profits and they have to give you actual auction result as
the tax write  off, at least here in KY, because we had donated her '89
Voyager back around '99  to the Kidney Foundation and got way more than it was
worth)...
What I would suggest would be find the local Vocational (High) school that
has a body shop program (if it needs body work) or if it just needs the
engine  work, any technical school... and let them know they could restore it
and raffle  it off... a great way to help get funds to our cash-strapped
schools...
Just a thought.
Good luck Grant... if it were in Kentucky I'd be all over it... my youngest
 daughter needs some wheels (she's 18)... and the price is certainly right
in my  budget... and I have the know-how to fix it...
;-)
Take care,
Lonzo

In a message dated 11/11/2010 9:18:14 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,