<VV> Late Model Light Switch

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 14 23:13:58 EST 2010

I'm thinking...  return your "new" one and go elsewhere for a replacement
switch (different store and/or manufacturer).  If the NEW "new" one still
has the same problem, it is a pretty safe bet that the problem is somewhere
other than the switch.

About 3 years ago, I replaced the headlight switch with one from a FLAPS.
It is NOT like the original switch.  Well looks pretty much the same, but
acts different.  There are 3 (instead of the 2 I'm used to) pull out
positions.  Not counting the off position, the first pull out turns on only
the dash lights.  The second adds the parking (front and rear) and license
plate lights, and finally - the third turns on the headlights (with the
front parking lights off).

Later, JR