<VV> The engine is out

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 09:57:48 EST 2010

Karl, since the car has been sitting for so long, I suggest you take
the engine completely apart. My EM 62 with only 69K was used a lot at
first, the only drove maybe 200 miles a year for 15 to 20 years, when
I got it, I started using it, three cam lobes went, sent steel
particles everywhwere, and scratched the crank enough it needs
turned/replaced.

Just take it apart to make sure, or at least take it apart enough that
you can see what the cam looks like and to get everywhere cleaned out.
Mine had hundreds of microscopic rust pits all over the lobes, the
ends of the valves were also rusty, where the rockers sit, seems to
have collected moisture there. Mark Durham