<VV> Baffle Snafu

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 22:24:40 EST 2010

Well, what do you know? Someone who has the courage and wisdom to see things for
what they are. Thanks, Smitty, for your honesty.

I will be the first to admit that I set up the shop by not providing the baffles
to him as a reminder; but what the heck, it's only my first rodeo. I certainly
didn't do it on purpose.

I also told the tech I didn't think channel locks was a good idea, but had no
other alternative to offer, so we went ahead. The idea of a garden hose repair
connection never occurred to me, but it is certainly logical. Except for the
wrong "grabber", the use of a screwdriver to pry against the block seems to have
been right on.

We got the tubes to rotate quite easily; they just didn't want to pop out. And
there was plenty of white lithium grease all over everything, too. I don't know
why they were so tight, they just were.

Oh, and yes, to answer someone else's question: we knew enough to have the pin
hole end of the push rod up at the top end, not down at the lifter.

I'll certainly know better next time, about alot of things.

Byron Comp
'64 'Vert with bent & scratched push rod tubes
Gainesville, FL