<VV> Will my newfangled 'ring compressor' contraption work ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Tue Nov 16 21:42:02 EST 2010

Yes, agreed, as nearly everyone pointed out !  That's the way I was doing it
in 'practice' and it was a bear on the bench.

The main point of this whole thread is the custom compression tool that I'm
going to make as soon as I get an extra barrel to cut in pieces !

Regardless of the way the piston is installed, I was really trying to see if
this newfangled tool I want to make is of any use :
www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/CorvairTools.htm

It seems better that adjustable ring compression tools because it's EXACTLY
the right size ?
(I edited it  bit so if you already saw it, it may have changed ?)

Thanks for all the insights (it's great learning at the hands of the patient
folk on VV) !
Charlie